Wedding photoshoots get steamier and intimate

Wedding photoshoots are becoming bolder with couples asking for boudoir, nude/semi-nude and honeymoon shoots to capture intimate moments

A magical wedding photo shoot is on the checklist of every about-to-be-married couple now and in order to have the most unique shoot, Delhi couples are getting quite adventurous, if wedding photographers are to be believed. They tell us that until recently, unusual wedding shoots meant underwater shoots, shoots at haunted locations or while trying out adventure sports. But now, would-be brides and grooms are taking things a step further and are asking for boudoir or nude/semi-nude shoots. City-based photographers share many recent examples where couples have approached them with a request for a bedroom, honeymoon or a boudoir shoot. While most photographers turn down these "uncomfortable" requests, there are a few who agree to them. West Delhi-based photographer Neeraj Agnihotri says, "These kind of requests are quite frequent. Instead of turning them down, I try to understand what they are looking for and then suggest something that I'm not uncomfortable with but also meets their requirement."

Boudoir albums as a pre-wedding gift to the fiance have become quite popular and every wedding season, we get two-three such requests. When it comes to bold themes, it is mostly the brides who come up with interesting ideas. We recently had a client who discussed in detail what she was looking for in her boudoir shoot. We have female photographers also for such shoots - Gulzar Sethi, who has a studio in east Delhi "Just last week, I met a lady from Chennai who wanted boudoir photos as a part of her pre-wedding shoot. She wanted to gift that album to her would-be husband. Then, a few days back, a guy in my office requested a semi-nude shoot. Bedroom shoots are becoming quite common now. There is no vulgarity or skin show in such pictures. They are merely shot to convey a sense of intimacy," says Neeraj. Gurgaon-based Arjun Mahajan got a request from a couple to accompany them on their honeymoon and he was willing to travel as "it would have been fun and unusual, but it could not materialise." He shares another 'bizarre' experience, saying, "I was shooting a wedding in Delhi and when there was a break between the varmala and pheras, the couple asked me to accompany them to a locked room. They then started doing 'things' and although they were clothed, I felt uncomfortable. I told them this, but they asked me to continue clicking. A few minutes later, the groom's sister, who was with her husband, knocked on the door. I hoped that it would bring the bride and groom to a halt, but the groom's sister just said, 'You two can't have all the fun alone.' Then I had to shoot both couples!"

South Delhi-based Rishabh Sood said he once had a meeting with a client who initially was too shy to even discuss the matter with him. "He had not discussed it with his fiancee and was hesitant to even talk to me. He asked me if I could chat with him for some time, so that he'd become more comfortable. Eventually, he disclosed his idea about the shoot. I don't have any problem in doing such shoots if the couple is comfortable with it. These kinds of requests come from couples looking for destination weddings," he says. Amit Puri adds, "A few months ago, I got a request from a Delhi couple for a pre-wedding shoot. The guy told me that he wanted an intimate, personal shoot in the hotel room and the pool. At first, I thought it was a prank, but then I checked his Facebook profile and it was all legit. Such a shoot is out of my comfort zone, so I politely declined. Still, to this day, he sends me texts asking if I would reconsider." The number of requests for boudoir shoots of would-be brides has gone up in the past year, according to photographers. The boudoir album is emerging as a popular wedding gift from the bride to the groom. In some cases, the bride does a strip tease, while in others, she poses in little or no clothes in a bedroom. It is, of course, organised secretly and those photos are not shared with anyone other than the groom. "Every wedding season, we get two-three such requests. Boudoir albums as a pre-wedding gift to the fiance is gaining popularity and brides are no longer shy about approaching photographers. In fact, when it comes to bold themes in wedding shoots, it is usually brides who come up with interesting ideas. We recently had a client who was very open to discussing in detail what she was looking forward to in her boudoir shoot and how she wanted it to be done. We have female photographers as well, who can be sent for such shoots," says Gulzar Sethi, who has a photography studio in East Delhi. Another photographer based in Vasant Kunj, Mahima Bhatia, adds, "I also received a request for boudoir photography and I was quite excited about it, as it gives me a chance to do something different. I have even heard that couples are asking for nude shoots. I remember seeing another photographer's post on Facebook about how he got a similar request."

No comments:

Post a Comment